’Tis the season for horror movies, costume parties, and pumpkin patches. With just four days until Halloween, here is a round up of the best events the Bay Area has to offer, from ghost tours through San Francisco’s City Hall to raves in Oakland’s Oracle Arena for Live 105’s Spookfest.
1. Ghost walks: Learn all about city hall’s ghostly history and the cemetery buried under Civic Center through this free tour by San Francisco City Guides.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 29 at 6:30 p.m. WHERE: San Francisco City Hall.
2. Ghost Ship: This massive costume party features live music from the Bay’s best DJ’s and huge EDC-like art installations from local arts. This year’s headliners include James Lavelle and Africa Bambaataa.
WHEN: Friday, October 31, 2014, 9pm to 4am WHERE: Pier 70, Building 12, San Francisco
3. Clancy’s Pumpkin Patch: Visit San Francisco’s first pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins for carving or make your way through their elaborate corn maze.
WHEN: Oct. 27-31, 9am-10pm WHERE: 1620 7th Ave, San Francisco
4. Truck or Treat III: The SoMA StrEAT Food Park will host their third annual costume party. Dance the night away with live DJs, drink pumpkin spiced sangria, and eat Halloween-themed food from a variety of food trucks.
WHEN: Friday, October 31, 2014 at 7pm WHERE: SoMa StrEat Food Park, 428 11th Street, San Francisco
5. Winchester Mystery House: Be daring and take a flashlight tour of the famous Winchester Mystery House. Make your way through the famous house full of elaborate mazes, stairways, and secret rooms.
WHEN:Oct 27 and 31, 6:30pm-midnight WHERE: Winchester Mystery House, San Jose
6. Bad Dads: The group art show will feature artwork inspired by Wes Anderson films. Attendees are encouraged to dress up as their favorite Wes Anderson movie character.
WHEN: Friday, October 31, 6pm-10pm WHERE: Spoke Art Gallery, 816 Sutter St, San Francisco
7. Spookfest: Live 105’s electronic dance party returns this year at Oracle Arena. Musicians include Alesso, Chromeo, St. John, Gareth Emery, Duke Dumont, and more.
WHEN: Friday October 31, 5pm WHERE: Oracle Arena, 7000 Coliseum Way, Oakland