Sex Talk Sundays with Jay

Photograph by epSos.de via Flickr.

For this week’s topic, Hillary and I decided to talk about sex tapes and if they’re something you should take part in or not.

Sex tapes have long existed with people and some are fond of them while others or more of the in the moment fun type. In this day in age one thing to consider is that everything is connected and while most of us think everything is secure there’s always that chance for something to leak out. This happened to such celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus.

In regards to Kim Kardashian’s sex tape with Ray J which is easily found online if you simply type “Kim Kardashian sex tape” it’s seemed to have lost it’s flair.. This is most likely due to her success with video game Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.

1 Night in Paris depicted Paris Hilton having intercourse with Rick Salomon and wasn’t intended to be released but one knows how that ended. Most of the scenes were filmed with a night vision camera.

Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger allegedly make them and delete them all the time but have yet to be leaked.

The thing with sex tapes is that people film themselves with their partner to capture the passion and have progressed from the courtship dance stage. This is admirable and I can respect couples that want to look back at their memories of passion. As humans we can occasionally let our emotions take control and are living for the moment and don’t think about the repercussions.

Not unless the person that’s partaking in the sex tape has given full consent and both parties have talked about what would happen if for some unforeseen event both parties split up what would happen to the tapes there should be no sex tape. This is where Kim and Paris’ didn’t think it through and did something far worse than making a sex tape, trusted a man.

I’ve always been tempted to do my own sex tape but the fact that someone could use that to blackmail me or with a simply click ruin me if enough for me to stay away from cameras pointing at me. The most I’ve done is followed in Miley’s footsteps and taken photos or “photo-burst” to look back at them in the near future but then deleting them to avoid any sort of power imbalance.

Sex tapes are fun while in recording but that feeling quickly turns sour when you realize that you need to store it in a safe place that might not be able to get hacked. I would take Ray J’s advice and “Never Shoulda Did That…” (the title to the song he released after the sex tape scandal) to make sure I cover all my bases and not just the ones that my partner helped out with. Good thing only him and I know what happened because there is no evidence aside from our memory to remember that day. What will you do on your next night of passion?

If you have any tips, questions or suggestions for future Sex Talk Sunday topics feel free to tweet me at @WWJAYD.